Machine Learning Research Engineer, Bosch Center for AI, Pittsburgh, PA, USA (Aug. 2019 - now)
Graduate Assistant, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, USA (Jan. 2014 - Jul. 2019)
- Developed a deep learning system for automatic information extraction from camera-trap images with over 94.9% accuracy.
- Examined the effectiveness of transfer learning techniques for data-efficient learning. Automating over 50% of the workload by using only 3,000 labeled images.
- Implemented a wild pig detection system with 98.6% accuracy for USDA national wildlife research center.
- Evaluated the interpretability of deep learning models for ecological studies.
- Assessed the effects of the neuromodulation technique on the adaptability of the forward models of robots.
Ran COSC-1010 (Introduction to Object Oriented Programming using Java) Labs. Over 100students each semester.
Computer Vision Research Intern, Microsoft, Redmond, WA, USA (Sep. 2018 - Dec. 2018)
Worked on automatic species identification in camera-trap images for the AI for Earth program.
Devised a novel active deep learning technique for camera-trap images which can save up to 99.5% of human labor.
Deep Learning Research Intern, Aptiv, Agoura Hills, CA, USA (May. 2018 - Aug. 2018)
- Worked on 3D object detection using the fusion of lidar and camera.
- Examined and enhanced different 3D object detection (AVOD, Point-Net, Voxel Net, and MV3D).
- Implemented several tools for working with lidar data.
Senior IT Expert, Mellat Insurance Company, Tehran, Iran (Apr. 2010 – Dec. 2013)
- Managed a team of 4 developers for implementing an ATM software.
- Enabled the ATM machines to work with web-based applications.
- Enhanced the performance of a server to handle up to 1200 transactions per second.
- Administrated 10 different Oracle databases for different projects.
- Developed several sub-systems of a J2EE banking solution (web-based calendar system, web-based workflow engine, ...).
- Provided help and advice for other developers to deal with their challenges.
- Researched new methods/technologies to improve the performance of existing systems.
Java Developer, Douran Data Processing Company, Tehran, Iran (Mar. 2007 – Mar. 2010)
- Developed the core of an ERP solution.
- Assisted other developers to implement different subsystems of an ERP software.
- Automated an accounting workflow for a client company. Reduced the manual labor up to 80%.
- Designed and implemented a gradual migration procedure to switch from an old large-scale software to a new one for a client company.